Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pain and Subway

I slept late today recovering from the night before and 3 days closing at blockbuster. So after waking up and finishing the 4th season of house disc 1 which comes out the 18th, is my recommendation for this blog. I decided to take a run to get something to eat. I have been sick with sinus problems and I didn't know how this was going to go. I was planning on running to the coffee shop and back but then remembered I left the truck downtown last night so I took off on a 3 mile run instead of a 6 which put my mind at ease. However I don't know if it was not eating or drinking anything, or the sinus problems or hangover, but my head hurt, lungs were on fire and my throat dry and hard to swallow and my knee felt like it was going to give out. For me especially, I think the pain is one of the attractions of running. Pain makes you feel alive and human. Also, you have plenty of time to think while you run. Anyway after the first mile or so I started to set in to my rhythm and it got easier. Long story short about 26 min later I ended up at subway drenched in sweat and ordered an onion and chicken teriaki footlong sub and a water while taking jokes from the subway guy for looking like I was running from the cops and what not. Overall a successful, but far from fun run today and it made swimming laps seem an even more enjoyable form of exercise.

No comments: