Saturday, August 16, 2008

Doing the Butterfly


Spurred on by Michael Phelps and the Olympics and my friend Nami, I went to the pool to see if I could still swim. I have a bad left shoulder that tends to dislocate. This was from an injury while in brasil, so I was unsure as to how this would turn out. Since the indoor pool was closed and I was sore from starting weights again we went the leisurely route to the outdoor campus pool. This is probably the only hot spot for finding the ever elusive Edwardsville hottie. Since the pool was rather empty on this particular day, we did swim laps and though I was no Michael Phelps I did surprisingly well. I struggle with the breathing technique but once I get that I should be good. Then after soaking up some sun at the pool I headed off to my closing shift at blockbuster.

To try to make something positive out of my blockbuster job I will now recommend one movie at the end of each blog. For this blog it is "Stranded." This is a family film which has the same story line as "Swiss Family Robinson" which I loved growing up. Great film about being shipwrecked on an island and using your resources to survive.

No comments: