Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Devils Playground





Thanksgiving for me this year consisted of a whole lot of eating and sleeping and some excercise. We did activities like soccer, bowling and croquet. Thier was also the usual bike riding including a ride to the devils playground. This ride is what I'm going to blog about since it was quite the adventure. My dad Frank, Greg Powell, and I rode bikes to the devils playground for a couple hours screwing around on mountain bikes. This area of land between T-town and effingham is hills and trails usually used for fourwheeler riding. However as real men ride bikes we tore up the trails on two wheels. While Powell gets the climbing award for the day;
I am proud to say I for sure got the downhill award as I was the only one to brave both incredibly steep hills full of leaves and ruts. I wrecked at the end of the first but made the second steeper one successfully. I think we all had at least one wreck my worst one was at the bottom of the first hill I fell off the back at the bottom doing kind of a superman and getting my leg scraped by the seat while I was careening out of control. Then my dad doing sideways somersaults in slow motion with his bike attached while me and Powell were cracking up. Then dad got last laugh as Powell being his over zealous self did a texas wheelie and almost did an endo onto a barbed wire. Overall it was a great break and I've already lost the 5 pounds I gained over thanksgiving. I subbed my first normal high school class on tuesday in language arts and today I am doing a half day at a special high school building not quite sure but I think its for computer students like pc repair and maintenance and networking. So I was able to be on the internet all morning for my job which was pretty cool. Next semester I'm transferring to blackburn which should be quite the new experience since edwardsvilles been my home away from home for the past 6 years. I'm going there in january after the trip to tuscon to the cycle house and christmas break. I plan on studying elementary social sciences. Hopefully with this I can teach junior high geography and coach high school soccer. Also I'm changing the color of my blog temporarily for christmas don't freak out those of you with ocd.

No comments: