Monday, October 5, 2009






I have returned from an amazing journey in the north of France. Specifically, I was in Nantes for two days and then Normandy for ten days. It was meet the family time and it couldn't have gone better I don't think. Marie was more than accomodating of me and my bum knee. I was able to see the D-Day beach and some of the history with it like the landing boat, canons, tanks, etc. One of the highlights of the trip was to see my good friend Camille (from the akumal crew) when her and her boyfriend came to visit at the house in Normandy. She is quiet and kind and an amazing friend. Also, she loves cats so everytime me and Marie see a cat we see Camilles spirit. I ate the most I've ever eaten in two weeks and the most new foods also. I loved the snails (escargo) and cheese and bread of course. I knew I was in for a treat when I was in Nantes and my first meal for lunch I order the pork. I thought I was get a couple pieces of meat however, when our food arrived my huge plate had a huge chunk of meat fat, bones and all that looked like it had just been hacked off the pig accompanied by a huge plate of potato squares. I drank a lot of good french wine which I couldn't complain about. I met her grandparents and had lunch and visited a huge basilica with them. I knew my sister would have appreciated that more than me but it was still cool. The second cool thing was Maries family dog Ushea having puppies while I was there. The mother is mostly german shepard and the puppies were german shepard lab I think. Me and Marie are adopting a black girl and calling it Jude from the beatles song hey jude (long story). The picture are from a great pizza place in Nantes. On a little side street that we randomly found and ate a romantic lunch. The trip was amazing and I miss Marie already but its back to reality and I'll live. So till next time peace chau chau and hasta luego!!!

2 comments:

Mbi said...

We didn't have lunch in a pizza place but dinner... anyway thank you so much for having done this long trip right after your surgery. You took some risks just to see me and I won't forget it. Love you dude!!!!

camille cha. said...

ooooh, i am discovering this post!! i was so good to see u in france. I would never have imagine this situation when i first saw you in akumal!! you're american but i like you bobby, and you know what , i met an other american here with his girlfriend in paraguay, and i also think we 're gonna be good friends for a long time, they 're crazy! just like me, u , marie! i feel like i am atracted to american that don't speak spanish! i have fun with them